Position TitleCoordinator 1, Horizonte Bridge Coordinator (Temporary)
Open Internally or ExternallyExternal
If faculty, tenure track statusNot Applicable
Reports to (title)Dean, Health Sciences
DepartmentSchool of Health Sciences
Position TypeNew position
Job Open Date12/02/2019
Open Until FilledYes
Priority Review Date12/06/2019
This position will provide targeted advising and placement into the advanced training programs offered by Salt Lake Community College, School of Health Sciences to the graduates of Horizonte Instruction and Training Center. The Horizonte Bridge Coordinator will be responsible for assisting students with academic concerns, course difficulties, time management, basic and advanced academic requirements and program academic progression.
This is a grant funded position.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
Plan and monitor affect students for timely progress through the health programs and preparation through the workforce.
Develop, recommend and execute outreach strategies to grow the health sciences program among individuals facing choices about their future higher education plans.
Bridge the gap between college and Horizonte’ graduates. Carry out efforts to potential students making higher education plans.
Other duties as assigned
Master’s Degree in related field
Three to five years direct experience enabling student success in a college or university
Bilingual (English/Spanish preferred)
Bachelor’s Degree in related field
Zero to two years direct experience enabling student success in a college or university.
Experience in student success career planning
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Advise and monitor student success with respect the those Horizonte students in SLCC Health Sciences Programs.
2. Develop, recommend, and execute outreach strategies to ensure progress and success of Horizonte students interested in higher education health careers.
3. Collaborate with Horizonte and SLCC faculty and advisors to aid in preparing students for SLCC Health Programs of Study,
4. Collaborate with stakeholders to report and present outcomes and effectiveness of the grant.
5. Demonstrate knowledge of current trends in college retention and program matriculation.
6. Demonstrate accuracy, attention to detain and ability to work independently.
7. Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, ability, culture, ethnic background, and to maintain working relationships across the college.
8. Ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic , socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities.
• Full consideration will be given to applicants who apply on or before the priority review date indicated above.
• More information about Salt Lake Community College benefits: http://i.slcc.edu/hr/docs/benefits-summary-current.pdf
*This is a temporally funded grant position funded through June 2020.
Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status, expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.