Position TitleTheater, Adjunct Faculty
Open Internally or ExternallyExternal
If faculty, tenure track statusNot Applicable
Reports to (title)Associate Dean
Position TypeOne Semester Temporary
Job CategoryAdjunct - Variable
Initial Work LocationVaries
Starting SalaryCurrent Adjunct Rate
Job Open Date03/22/2010
Open Until FilledNo
Teaches one to three sections of lower division Theater courses,
including Acting or Survey of Theater.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1. Teaches one to three sections of lower division Theater
2. Follows the standard course curriculum outline, prepares and
delivers lectures, tests and other classroom activities.
3. Evaluates student writing and research components of the
4. Keeps accurate classroom records.
5. Prepares and administers student evaluations.
6. Provides ADA accommodations as directed.
7. Follows SLCC policies and procedures.
8. Keeps minimal office hours.
9. Available to teach at multiple campus sites.
A master’s degree in Theater or a closely-related field and,
preferably, experience teaching theater classes at a college level.
Graduate students can apply with recommendations of
professionals in their program.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Graduate level knowledge (and/or professional work experiences) of theater technique, theory and history.
Teaching methods and good communication skills essential.
Non-Essential Responsibilities and Duties
Opportunities to volunteer in various capacities in the Performing Arts Department and Salt Lake Community college in general.
Please attach resume or curriculum vitae, copy of transcripts, or other documents for consideration.
Official Transcripts are required for those who are offered employment only.
As directed by SLCC Policy, Adjunct positions are semester by semester contract with no guarantee of continued employment.
This is a pooled position and the department will review applications when positions become available.
Please contact the Division of Arts and Communications at (801) 957-3099 for more information.