Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Position is responsible for developing relationships with key employers in industries who hire or potentially hire graduates of Lone Star College technical career programs. Serves as the main point of contact for LSC Job Development activities within assigned industry, including but not limited to employer/job development, management of industry/career focused job fairs and events, internships and co-op’s, on-campus recruitment, and other related job development activities. Position will also assist with job placement and career advising activities as needed.
- Develops relationships with key employers in Healthcare and other industries employing graduates of technical career programs at Lone Star College
- Maintains a solid on-going working relationship with company employment recruiters and managers to determine their current and future employment requirements
- Effectively markets and promotes LSC Workforce job development and job placement opportunities to local business, industry, students, and appropriate college personnel
- Conducts public-contact programs, open-houses and industry specific career fairs designed to meet local industry employer’s current employment objectives
- Collaborates with LSC personnel to establish and implement effective strategies for serving local industry employers in employment requests. Communicates job openings to appropriate campus personnel
- Coordinates development for part-time co-op/internship opportunities
- Assists as needed with job placement activities. May include but is not limited to career and recruitment fairs, seminars, and other student/alumni employment-related activities, assists students in registering for job placement software, and training college personnel in the use of job placement software
- Works with the colleges to assist with developing a consistent system of student job placement
- Works with the Sr. Manager, Job Placement to assist in developing effective marketing materials for job placement activities
- Assists with Career Advising activities. May include but is not limited to conducting workshops for students for interviewing techniques, resume writing, and overall job search skills, and other Career Advising activities as needed
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Technical aspects of field of specialty
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment
- Assure compliance with applicable district policies, procedures and governmental regulations
- Working knowledge of company sponsored coops and internships
- Understanding of course development and learning outcomes
- Minimal physical effort is required
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
Duration of Job Posting:
Open until filled
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Specialization in a related field
Benefits Marketing Statement:
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance.
This includes 22-23 days paid holidays and up to 12 annual vacation days, full comprehensive benefits package, wellness program, professional development opportunities and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Rd)
20515 SH 249